"Daniel's Seventieth Week"
This seven year period called by many "the tribulation period" is Daniel’s Seventieth Week. It will focus on the Jews who are called 'thy people' meaning the nation of Israel and the city of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:24). This final period of world history will begin with the signing/confirming of a covenant by Antichrist (Daniel 9:27) and his powerful three nation confederacy (Ezekiel 38:2, 3; Daniel 7:8) with the nation of Israel 'for one week' (Daniel 9:27).
This prophetic week or seven literal years is known as the Seventieth Week of Daniel for the previous sixty-nine weeks have passed into history culminating when the Messiah the Lord Jesus Christ was "cut off, but not for Himself" (Daniel 9:26) referring to His crucifixion. This Seventieth Week of Daniel will be the continuation of God's program for His chosen people Israel which He set aside when the Lord Jesus was rejected by the nation of Israel. During the time of the end all of these prophesied events will take place before the wrath of God/Day of the Lord begins:
1. The Opening of the Seven Seals (Revelation 6:1-17; 8:1)
2. The Sending of Elijah to “restore all things” (Malachi 4:5; Matthew 17:11; Mark 9:12)
3. The Knowledge of the Believer (Matthew 24:32, 33; I Thessalonians 5:1-10)
4. The Falling Away (Daniel 11:30; II Thessalonians 2:1-3)
5. The Man of Sin (Antichrist) Revealed (II Thessalonians 2:1-10)
6. The Abomination of Desolation (Daniel 11:31; Matthew 24:15)
7. The Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:15-28; Revelation 7:14)
8. The Heavenly Wonders (Joel 2:30, 31; Matthew 24:29; Mark 13:24,25; Luke 21:25; Revelation 6:12,13)
9. The Sealing of the 144 Thousand (Revelation 7:1-8)
10. The Last Trump (of God) (Joel 2:1; Zephaniah 1:14-18; Matthew 24:31; I Corinthians 15:51, 52)
11. The Second Coming of Christ (Matthew 24:30, 31; Mark 13:26,27; Luke 21:27,28; Revelation 1:7)
12. The Rapture, Rescue, Resurrection, and Reception of the Saints (I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 7:9-17)
The events mentioned above are the most significant that will occur before the Day of the Lord, and most of them will occur within Daniel's Seventieth Week. The wrath of God/Day of the Lord is the defining event of the time of the end for all will lead up to this horrendous wrath of God upon an unbelieving, unrepentant world.
By pinpointing the timing of the beginning of this most prophesied event in the Bible, we are able to also recognize when the Lord will rapture His saints for He will most certainly deliver them from His wrath (I Thessalonians 1:10, 5:9) by taking them out of the world into His presence, just before this unprecedented and cataclysmic judgment begins.