Building a Doctrine in Eschatology: “Things to Come” (John 16:13)
I. The Three Major Source Considerations
- What does the Lord Jesus Christ teach?
- What do the O.T. prophets teach?
- What do the N.T. prophets teach?
II. The Three Major Interpretation Principles
- Interpret Scripture Literally [In Context]
- Interpret Scripture Historically [In Context]
- Interpret Scripture Grammatically [In Context]
III. The Three Major Scripture Sources
- The Olivet Discourse (Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21)
- The Book of Daniel (Chapters 7-12)
- The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Chapters 4-22)